Joint pain can be debilitating. It can prevent you from doing the things you love and make even the simplest tasks difficult. If you are struggling with joint pain, don't despair. There are many ways to manage it, and chiropractic care is one of the most effective. At Navarre Chiropractic Center, we provide quality chiropractic care for joint pain and other conditions. We always start with an in-depth assessment to determine the cause of your pain and create a customized treatment plan.
What is Joint Pain?
Joint pain is defined as mild to sharp discomfort within a joint. It is characterized by aching, stiffness, and soreness. Joints are the areas where two bones meet. They are responsible for the movement of the body and allow you to do activities such as walking or lifting weights. There are multiple types of joints including hinge joints, ball and socket joints, pivot joints, gliding joints, and plane joints. The most common type of joint pain is arthritis-related. Arthritis is the inflammation of a joint due to overuse or injury.
Chiropractic Care Helps Joint Pain
Chiropractic care is a safe and effective way to treat joint pain. It is often used to treat arthritis, bursitis, and osteoarthritis. Chiropractors use a variety of techniques to reduce inflammation and pain in the joints. These techniques include:
- Spinal adjustments: Spinal adjustments are the most common chiropractic treatment. This is done to restore proper alignment of the spine and improve nerve function throughout the body.
- Mobilization: Usually it is performed on the hips, knees, and shoulders. It uses a gentle force to position or move a joint back into its proper alignment.
- Stimulation: There are many different types of stimulation that chiropractors use to reduce pain and inflammation. Some of the most common types include electric muscle stimulation (EMS) and ultrasound therapy.
- Exercise: Exercise is an important part of any joint pain treatment plan. A chiropractor provides a customized exercise program to improve strength and restore range of motion in the joints.
- Lifestyle changes: Chiropractors often recommend lifestyle changes to their patients to help reduce the risk of developing joint pain.
Visit Navarre Chiropractic Center in Navarre, FL
If you are experiencing joint pain, it is important to see a chiropractor for an in-depth assessment to determine the cause of your pain and develop a treatment plan. Call our team at Navarre Chiropractic Center today at (850) 939-3339 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.